Thursday, October 25, 2012

If I Could Only Bake Ten Things This Fall...





Fall is here and happening and I am knee-deep in moving boxes. Here's what I wish I was baking.

(... if only I knew where my mixing bowls were.)  

1. Skillet-Baked Chocolate Chip Cookie

Fall is about anticipation and good things coming. You know. Pumpkin spice lattes, chunky cableknit throws (wanting), Christmas ornaments, the Vampire Diaries, Pretty Little Liars, Revenge, and Once Upon A Time... basically just really good/please don't judge me television. 

Which means... I love you, but I do not have time to stand around baking you cookies. 

Solution: put it in a skillet! 

2. Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes for Two

One for you... and one for you. Now is the time to be a little bit selfish.

3. Fat, Fluffy Buttermilk Biscuits

Here's the thing about biscuits: you need them.

See also: fat, fluffy, and buttermilk.

4. Buttons & Bowknots

Doughnuts just got easier. Like... scary easy. So scary they're perfect for Halloween, if you think about it.

And Fridays. And weekends. And breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We've all been there.

5. Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I hearby declare oatmeal cookies a fall recipe. Was it already? Am I just craving oatmeal? Whatever. Let's bake cookies.

6. Cinnamon Pinwheels with Maple-Coffee Icing

So easy my boyfriend's baked them.

No really.

7. Cinnamon Streusel Pecan Coffee Cake

You had me at streusel.

8. Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie

A tangy, sweet twist on a fall classic.

9. Gingerdoodles/Snickersnaps

Stop it. These were a crazy idea meets best impulse bake ever.

10. Cinnamon Pumpkin Spice Kiss Blossoms

A fall-twist on a Christmas classic... and the only thing I've baked since August. That's real.